Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

a MOTHER with one eye


My mother only has one eye, while the other eye defects. I hate it. She really makes me ashamed, she worked cooking for the students and teachers in schools to support the family. At one point I sat in elementary school and my mom came. I was really embarrassed, how she would do this to me? I ran away and left her when meeting her.

The next day, "Your mother's one-eyed?" Sneered a friend. I hope my mother soon vanished from the face of this earth. I say to my mother, "Mom, why do you only have one eye? If you just want me to be a mockery of the people, why do not you just die soon? "

My mother still does not react. I felt bad but at the same time I must say what I want to say. Maybe it's because mom never punished me but I do not think that I have been deeply hurt feelings.

That night I awoke and got up into the kitchen to get a glass of drinking water. My mom was crying there, sobbing, perhaps for fear that would wake me. For a moment I looked at it and then go left. I felt bad about her. However I hated my mother who was crying with one eye.

I am determined to grow up and become successful. Later I learned diligently, I left my mother and went on to study in Singapore. Then I got married, I bought my house with my own. I live with happy, I like this place because it helps me forget the mother. 

But one day, there is a visitor knocked on my door. After I opened, I was very surprised at all. MY MOTHER. Still with eyes only, I feel as though the sky fell on me. Even my children fled in fear to see my mother's one-eyed. I asked her, "Who are you? I do not know you! "I say as if it were true. I scold her, "How dare you come to my house and scare my children! GET OUT OF HERE NOW! "  My mother simply replied, "Oh, excuse me. I'm probably the wrong address. "Then he left and disappeared from sight. Oh thank goodness, she did not recognize me. I'm kind of relieved, I told myself if I would not worry anymore.

One day, an invitation to attend a school reunion sent to my home address in Singapore. So, I lied to my wife that I was going to travel. After the reunion, I visited an old shack that used to be my home. Just curious. There I found my mother fallen on the ground is cold. But I do not see tears in her eyes, she held a letter. A letter for me.

"My son, I think my life is already present. And, I'm not going to go to Singapore again. But is it too much if I expect you come visit me?
I really really miss you .. And I was delighted when I heard that you came to the reunion. But, I decided not to go to school. For the sake of you, I'm very sorry because I only have one eye and I have been very embarrassing to you.
You know, when you were little. You had an accident and lost one eye. As a mother, I can not stand watching you having to grow up with only one eye. So, I gave one of my eyes for you.

I'm very proud of you who have been able to see a new world for me, my place with that eye. I never felt angry with what ever you do, some times you mad at me. I said to myself,
"THIS BECAUSE HE LOVE ME". "

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The above story actually has a very deep meaning. The story is expected to arouse the conscience of all who read it. Good and evil in us is a gift from God. Contemplate for a moment and look at you.

Be thankful for every blessing that God has given to you as compared to the millions of people out there that have not been lucky like you. Always carry your mother in prayer wherever you are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment