Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Wrong Number

My mother died recently, after almost a year the state kept changing her illness. Her life was bland since the father died. But last year was really hard for her. For my mother, Marge. Life has no meaning anymore without George, her husband. There are no friends live, friends joke, nothing else is there to be loved. Indeed we are still there, but her life is no longer as before, without a father. We can understand it.

In the hospital, suddenly the mother's condition is declining. My sister, Betsy informed. She hurried away to the hospital. Previously she had time to send a message to her husband, Andy. Andy immediately contacted the hospital. Andy knew that Mother was lying on the floor seven. He tried to remember her room number. 7226? 7626? 7662? Finally he contacted the hospital telephone operator for help are linked. He said that he wanted to talk with Marge Mueth. Pronounced the name of Mother: "M-U-E-T-H"

"She lay in room 3643," said the operator. "Let me connect."

Andy does not understand why my mother moved to another room. Andy heard a male voice answered after connecting operator. Andy grew confused, because it does not recognize the voice. He drew the conclusion that the operator had the wrong number. "Sorry", he said, "It seems wrong number. I would like to contact Mueth."

The man replied, "You are correct. It's George who spoke." Shocked Andy. "No, I think I mistakenly connected to another room. I am looking for Marge Mueth. "

When answering, the man across the man's voice sounded merry connection, "That's my wife. I'm here to pick him home. "

Andy hung up the phone with a feeling of amazement. He called the operator again and asked to be connected with Marge Mueth, seventh floor. Operator connect it to the room 7226. Betsy who answered the phone while bordering on Mother's room.

Billy, son Andy. Concludes the scene with the innocence and wisdom of a child: "Grandfather came here to pick up my grandmother to come home." Betsy just crying and asking myself, why so long "Grandpa" just arrived.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Courtesy of A Cup Of Chicken Soup For The Soul

0 comments:

Post a Comment